Thursday 29 December 2011

Mast



I installed the mast today, the mast itself  is pretty much as suggested by the kit, the only thing I added was a "parallel pipe" which also can be seen on the original ship.
Additionally I use this pipe to hide the wires connected to the 3 signal lamps in the mast, and I used the brass pipe itself for the ground wiring of the lamps.
I found a cheap (Christmas) light chain with 10 small Ø 3 mm white LED's but unfortunately they were too big to fit inside the original kit's signal lamps so I had to make my own.
I used a Ø4mm brass pipe, created an oval hole, shortened it, fitted the LED and glued a slice of Ø3mm wood on top of the LED inside the pipe.

Another thing what can be seen on the mast of the original ship is a long ladder, I tried to create one in the right scale for the model, but my talents (and/or used materials) where not perfect.. so I gave up this idea for now..




No comments: